YOGA TEACHERS TRAINING
Testimonials from recent graduates:
**** The 250 hour yoga teacher training at Shanti has been a life changing journey. The gift of Alex Bovkis’s wisdom, guidance and support has truly opened doors for me where I didn’t even know doors existed. This transformative journey has not only given me the opportunity to learn and practice teaching in a supportive environment it has inspired me to share this gift with others as a teacher. I strongly recommend this training with Alex and Shanti for anyone who wishes to not only deepen their own practice with a knowledgeable teacher but to grow and enrich their experience on all levels of being. This course gives you everything you need to become a confident teacher. I am truly grateful for her insights and encouragement and for the bond of friendship from the entire YTT group which will ALWAYS be with me. ~Joyce Camara YTT grad 2012
**** YTT has been a invigorating and insightful learning process. The teachers are very knowledgeable and passionate about their practices. Alex's deep attention to details offers the students an opportunity to understand the mental and physical components of the different asanas. Shanti offers YTT students plenty of opportunities to practice, observe classes and use the studio for learning and teaching purposes. MR
**** Alex is an incredible teacher. Her many years of practise, study and teaching have given her such a gift to teach Yoga teachers. Her passion for Hatha Yoga and the philosophies of it, plus her attention to details, has made this a wonderful year. She is a warm and compassionate person and very generous of her time and space. The year of YTT was filled with many awesome teachers and I have learned so much. Through Alex's profound teaching and her connection to spirituality, she has a way of connecting all of us to our spirit and deepen our experience. Practising with Alex really has helped me connect to the true meaning of Yoga and I am excited to teach this to others. Thank you Alex. Lisa
Shanti Yoga Studio is proud to offer 250-hour Yoga Teacher Training (YTT).
Applications are being accepted for 2013. $500 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your spot. Only 12 students will be invited to participate in this training.
YTT takes place over 11 months, next training starts January 26, 2013. This training has been approved by the Yoga Alliance and will provide an opportunity for you to teach yoga worldwide. You will be able to apply to become a member of the Yoga Alliance.
As a part of the program we will cover the following topics:
- Asana, Assisting and Teaching Methodologies
- Yoga History, Philosophy, Ethics and Lifestyle
- Yoga Anatomy and Physiology
- Understanding Energy: Prana, Koshas, Shtiras, Chakras, and Nadis.
- Personal Practice, Assisting in Classes, Teaching Practice
- A deep look at yourself, your triggers and your current challenges in life
- In order to gain experience, assisting opportunities will be presented, as well as supervised teaching opportunities.
You will receive a Certificate upon satisfactory completion of all courses.
During the eleven months, we will meet once a month on Saturday and Sunday. We will also meet every Wednesday evening, from 7:30 to 9:30 pm. And you are required to attend at least one yoga class a week through the studio, which is included in the fee of the program. For people from out of town, alternate arrangements will be made, in terms of Wed. nights and a weekly yoga class. It is very likely that the September weekend will take place out of town.
For more information and to see whether this is a right fit for you, please contact the studio: Info@ShantiYogaInHamilton.com or 905-777-9642.
Yoga in the rain...
- Alex Bovkis, E-RYT 500, Principal Teacher and the director of the training, Asana, Yoga Philosophy, Teaching Methodology, Group Dynamics, Chanting
- Dr. Jim Lamontagne, Chiropractic, Anatomy
- Kim Thompson, Personal Trainer, owner of Vitality Source Fitness, Board Member of Osteoporosis Canada, Functional Anatomy
- Heather Vaughan, Pelvic Health Physiotherapy, Pelvic Anatomy
- Sham Rang, Samagra Meditation School, Meditation
- Angela Del Franco, Iyengar Yoga, Dancer, Asana
- Davina Parkinson, YTT Teacher at the Yoga Centre of Burlington, Iyengar Yoga School of Toronto, Pranayama
- Pavana, Midwife and Prenatal Yoga teacher, Prenatal Yoga
- Stephanie Scheid, Reiki Master, InnerLife Coach and Energy Practitioner, Chakras, Subtle Body
- Dolly Gupta, owner of Bliss Haven Retreat Centre, Sankhyan Philosophy
2013 Weekend Dates:
- January 26-27
- February 23-24
- March 23-24
- April 20-21
- May 25-26
- June 22-23
- July 20-21
- August 24-25
- September 28-29
- October 26-27
- November 23-24
Note: In order to gain experience, assisting opportunities will be presented, as well as supervised teaching opportunities.
- $500 non-refundable deposit to secure your space. In addition to the deposit:
- Option 1: $2300 - paid by November 1st, 2012.
- Option 2: $2400 - paid by December 1st, 2012
- Option 3: $2500 - paid after December 1st, 2012
- Option 4: 3 payments of $866.66 paid on January 26, March 23 and May 25, 2013.
- HST not included
Application process includes a personal Interview and a completed application with a deposit. To request an application form please e-mail or call Shanti Yoga Studio. Feel free to contact the studio and have all your questions and concerns answered.
Check out the yoga poses on these cupcakes! A sign of our YTT dedication to their Yoga Training! These were a great hit at our Graduation Ceremony!