NEW: Transpersonal Therapy
- Transpersonal Therapy looks at the seen, unseen and the seer – the source of conscious and unconscious beliefs and programs that govern people’s lives. This leads to attachments, aversions, self absorption, stress, conflict, addictions and disease. Without the recognition of your transpersonal nature, you are denying the truth and wholeness of your existence.
- Alex uses the teachings of the Yoga Sutras as the base which helps to contain, support, understand and accept – thereby aligning with one’s reality. This process helps discover hidden points of view that often direct towards the internal resolution and therefore a more peaceful and calm state of mind.
- This approach advocates self-realization and freedom, sees the meaning and value of all things and the sacredness of the life journey, and without discounting suffering, finds comfort, a sense of belonging in the profound interconnection of all existence and a quiet sense of joyfulness.
- Alex trained at a Transpersonal Therapist from 1994-1997 and was certified by the Transpersonal Therapy Centre in Toronto, ON. In addition, she has undergone through a number of personal growth courses, workshops, endlessly and courageously exploring this journey, both in Toronto and abroad. In the past 10 years her focus switched to yoga and its philosophical teachings. Her work holds lightness, playfulness and storytelling, creative approach and intuitive insight.
To book an appointment, call 905-777-9642 or e-mail Shanti.
Mondays: 12 – 2 pm
Thursday : 12- 5 pm
Saturdays: 3 – 5 pm
Rates: (not including HST)
30 min - $50
60 min - $80
Practitioner: Alex Bovkis
To book an appointment, call 289-700-3734. Thank you!
Rates (not including HST)
30 min - $45
45 min - $55
60 min - $70
75 min - $85
90 min - 100
Hot Stone Massage Rates (not Including HST)
60 min - $90
75 min - $100
Nicole Carter, RMT
Nicole Carter graduated from the Ontario College of Health and Technology in Stoney Creek, ON where she completed 2200 hours of Massage Therapy training. She has completed additional training in Infant Massage Instruction and is in the process of completing her Birth Doula Certification through DONA International. Nicole treats a wide variety of conditions and has a particular interest in pre-natal massage treatments. Nicole is excited to be based at Shanti Yoga as she believes that Massage Therapy and Yoga are a natural complement to one another. She also attends Yoga classes on a regular basis for her own self care. Her goal is to complete her 200hr Yoga Teacher Training in the near future to enhance her Massage Therapy practice.
Nicole has received training in:
Swedish Massage Techniques,
Remedial Exercise Programs,
Joint Play Mobilizations,
Friction & Trigger Point Therapy,
Myo Fascial Techniques,
Manual Lymphatic Drainage,
Cold & Hot Hydrotherapy
Appointments can be made by phone at 289-700-3734 or by e-mail at NicoleCarterRMT@yahoo.ca
Massage Therapy may be covered under your Extended Health Benefits. Check with your Insurance Provider today!
Reiki- for info please contact Stephanie:
Reiki Sessions and Classes
Tarot Card Readings
innerLife Coach & Energy Practitioner
Enlighten Your Life
Rates (not Including HST)
60 min - $75
75 min - $95
Gravity oriented combination of yoga and body work will leave you grounded, relaxed, stretched out and rested.
Practitioners: Alex and Jay
"Pranassage with Alex is an almost indescribably unique sensory experience that can play a significant role in body healing and harmonizing the body with the mind. It is a creative synthesis of massage techniques, yoga's breathing and stretching and interactive manipulation that produces deep relaxation and mindfulness as Alex moves your body.
Alex is a nurturing body therapy practitioner (coach/personal trainer), who utilizes a holistic approach, taking the time to understand the individual needs of her client's physically, intellectually, emotionally and spiritually.
If you are looking for an engaging activity that awakens a greater awareness of your body while quietening the mind, Pranassage may be what you need. No previous experiences are necessary."
Pranassage was a great way for me to stretch my muscles and improve my flexibility thru partnered yoga poses. I wasn't sure what to expect at first, but I was pleasantly surprised at my first treatment. Jay was able to help me relax and slow my mind down long enough to focus on what my body was telling me. Something that was different for me from regular massage was how pranassage seemed to grab me on an emotional level. It allowed me to meditate and re align myself. I have never been able connect my mind and body thru yoga before, so this was a real treat! I have already recommended this to all of my friends!
Jay is really attentive to my needs. He works intuitively, and it is a different experience every time. I feel deeply rested, grounded, and very relaxed. I sleep so much better after a treatment. Laura W.
Rates (not Including HST)
60 min - $60
75 min - $75
Combination of massage, energy work and acupressure points on the feet, hands and head. Practitioner: Joyce
Aroma-flex combines the therapeutic art of reflexology with the complete relaxation and healing benefits of aromatherapy. During your reflexology session the application of pure essential oils in a carrier base to the back of the neck, shoulders and feet will soothe and renew assisting your body into a state of homeostasis. The oils are absorbed into the blood stream and their vibration is directed on a molecular level to the area that needs extra healing. With the improved circulation of reflexology the experience will leave you feeling purely blissful.
Add this treatment to your reflexology session for additional $20.
I loved it! I didn’t even know I had that much tension in my body. Even though the pressure points hurt – I felt I could fly afterwards. Thank you!!!
Holistic Remedial Facial Massage
Rates (not Including HST)
60 min - $70
An ancient art of deep facial
tissue manipulation without
stretching the skin. Toning of
the facial muscles uplifts,
rejuvenates and leaves you
feeling vibrant and refreshed. The massage provides lymphatic drainage, which helps the body to dispose of dangerous toxins and reduce puffiness and dullness of face, especially around the eyes. Acupressure is used to soothe stress, muscle pain, headaches, and improve overall energy levels. It stimulates facial nerves, increasing blood flow, nutrient distribution and removal of toxins. This remedial treatment restores natural beauty from inside out, bringing mind and spirit into balance.
A natural face lift. Practitioner: Nelly
The Benefits of this Remedial Facial Massage
- Tones, smooth and lift each area of the face
- Slows down the aging process
- Breaks down fatty deposits
- Releases toxins
- Reduces wrinkles, lines and double chins
- Gets rid of tension
- Boosts energy and immunity
- Makes you look and feel relaxed and rejuvenated
I had the opportunity to have a Holistic Facial Massage recently and I am writing to tell you what a wonderful experience it was! I have never had a facial massage like this before. Nelly is a practiced professional. Her technique leaves you relaxed and your face vibrant and soft. I would recommend everyone treat themselves to this type of facial massage at least once.....and then you will be hooked like I am!
Facial massage was awesome!!!!!!!!!! I am a regular client now.
"After having my first facial massage with Nelly, I knew it would be a practice that would become part of my regular health routine. Her facial massage helped to relieve facial tension in my face that I never knew I had. Not only that but after having the facial massage, a series of finger/hand manipulations, I feel totally relaxed as if I have had a whole body massage. It is a great way to distress and unwind!"
Gift certificates are available.
To book treatments please call 905-777-9642, or e-mail info@ShantiYogaInHamilton.com.